Plan Check x Linkin Park Meal Pack leading up to the release of the GRAMMY® Award-winning band’s seventh album, One More Light TODAY, May 19.
Through Wednesday, May 31, Owner/Founder, Terry Heller of Plan Check Kitchen + Bar and Linkin Park are joining forces to offer a multi-course takeover menu—featuring a KBBQ-ed pork belly grilled cheese + a limited-edition Linkin Park tee shirt—at all four Plan Check locations in L.A.’s Japantown, Fairfax Village, Downtown, Santa Monica. Linkin Park and Terry—who is a veteran of the music industry—previously collaborated in the 2000’s when Terry produced and directed the band’s music video for the song, “Crawling,” off their album, Hybrid Theory.
Traditional Japanese aromatics, such as ponzu and yuzu, are featured throughout the feast as a nod to vocalist, Mike Shinoda’s Japanese roots, while gochujang and kimchi add a spicy kick in tribute to turntablist, Joe Hahn’s Korean background. The complete Plan Check x Linkin Park Meal Pack includes:
- Ahi Tuna Tostada – jalapeno ponzu, radish, and avocado
- The Heavy – K-BBQ’ed grilled cheese with Americanized dashi cheese, parmesan-crusted sourdough, and gochujang-braised pork belly ← name inspired by the album’s first single
- Kimchi-Dusted Russet Fries
- OML Cruller – caramelized pineapple, yuzu air, coconut glaze, and a chocolate “disc” bearing Linkin Park’s logo
- Mandarin Orange & Black Cherry Cream Soda
- LIMITED-EDITION LINKIN PARK T-SHIRT ← exclusive to Plan Check and available with purchase of meal pack only
$39* for the Plan Check x Linkin Park Meal Pack available at all four Plan Check locations across L.A., while supplies last (*tax and gratuity not included)
The OML Cruller, which is what we’ve got our eye on, is named after Linkin Park’s newest album, One More Light. The album cover was shot on a beach, so the cruller features tropical, pina colada-esque flavors in tribute. YUM!