To me nothing says ‘I LOVE YOU’ better than a sweet treat! I’ve taken all of the stress out of Valentine’s Day baking and created two super easy and fun dessert hacks so that you can whip up sweets for your sweetie in no time. Both recipes use Otis Spunkmeyer snacks and take minutes to put together.
Share some sweets love this Valentine’s Day!
recipes below… click to for sweet snack hacks!
Valentine’s Day Fondue with Mini Cupcake Skewers
- 3 packages of mini chocolate cupcakes
- 3 packages of mini vanilla cupcakes
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6oz white chocolate chips
- 6oz milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 pint strawberries
- In a heavy sauce pan heat 1/3 cup or half and half and white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into a fondue pot or serving dish.
- Repeat with milk or dark chocolate.
- Arrange cupcakes and strawberries on a serving dish.
- Dip your cupcakes and strawberries as desired and enjoy.
- * Optional: Take bbq skewers and cut to desired length. Using glue or a hot glue gun, place a small portion of glue in the middle of your wooden heart (available at Paper Source) and firmly press skewer to glue to create a Valentine’s Day fondue skewer.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Crème Cake Truffles
- 6 packages of chocolate crème cakes
- 6oz white candy melts
- 6oz chocolate candy melts
- sprinkle of Valentine’s Day nonpariels
- Take crème cakes out of packaging and place into a mixing bowl.
- Using your hands mix together all of the crème cakes until filling and cake are well incorporated.
- Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll crème cake mixture into 1inch balls and set on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Just before you are ready to dip them and not a minute sooner, prepare your candy melts.
- Place white candy melts into a microwave safe bowl. Do the same for the chocolate candy melts.
- Microwave candy melts according to directions on the package. Or place candy melts into a fondue serving bowl and stir until melted.
- Dip hardened cake truffles into candy melt and using a spoon thoroughly coat entire surface.
- Using a fork remove cake truffle from candy melts and gently shake off excess candy melts.
- Return to parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with desired topping before candy coating fully hardens.
- Repeat with remaining cake truffles.
- Once all of the cake truffles have been coated and topped, return the baking sheet to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
- You can arrange your chocolate crème cake truffles on a plate or into mini muffin liners and into a gift box.
I’m proud to partner with Otis Spunkmeyer for Valentine’s Day recipes. While I am being sponsored by Otis Spunkmeyer for my posts and activities, all opinions expressed are my own, and all claims or program details shared should be verified at OtisSpunkmeyer.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.