I don’t know if you have noticed the abundance of yoghurt posts coming from the LMEC instagram lately, but I am so obsessed with noosa yoghurt. It is thick, creamy, velvety and rich. It is made in small batches on a family farm in Colorado using wholesome ingredients. My favorite flavor by far is pumpkin, it is good enough to have for dessert!
I used it in a holiday recipe I shared with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was a hit. The pumpkin yoghurt was a perfect substitute for mascarpone in this recipe and it gave the tiramisu a light yet rich flavor and texture.
Try something noo (see what I did there hehe)! Incorporate some yoghurt into your next baking adventure or dessert creation. Here are a few other sweets I made using noosa yoghurt + recipe for the pumpkin pie tiramisu below!
Pumpkin Pie Tiramisu
- 1 ½ cups chilled whipping cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container of pumpkin yoghurt *I used Noosa Yoghurt*
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box ginger snap cookies
- ½ cup rum or coffee for soaking cookies
- Beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Add pumpkin yoghurt, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and beat together with whipped cream until smooth.
- Line bottom of a 9 inch glass dish with ginger snap cookies covering entire bottom of dish. Sprinkle with about 4-5 tablespoons of rum or coffee (whichever you are using) over cookies to soak. Spread 1/3 of filling over cookies.
- Repeat with a second layer of cookies. Sprinkling coffee or rum over cookies. Layer with second 1/3 of filling spreading evenly across cookies.
- Repeat one more time with another layer of cookies and filling. Top with crushed ginger snap cookies. Wrap tightly with plastic and chill overnight for best results.