Whether you’re looking to for the perfect sweet treat for your sweetheart, Galentine, or even just yourself, LA’s best bakeries have got you covered, and they’re only a Lyft ride away. I’ve partnered with Lyft to bring you some of my favorite Valentine’s Day sweets.
You can read the full post HERE. And enjoy a discount on your Lyft ride using the code LETMEEATCAKE .
Primo’s Donuts is a mom and pop donut shop that has been serving the West Los Angeles area for 59 years. (more…)
It’s birthday week – for myself and this blog! It is hard to believe that Let Me Eat Cake started 6 years ago, it seems like just yesterday. This blog has been an incredible experience for me. It has allowed me to express my passion for sweets and share about a subject matter near and dear to my heart. It has also allowed me to get to know YOU! LMEC has really more than anything given me the opportunity to forge some amazing relationships in the food community far and wide.
Over the last six years of LMEC a lot has changed and the biggest change has been how social media has shaped things. As many of you many have noticed, there isn’t as much posting on here as there was six years ago and that really has a lot to do with Instagram. With life getting busier and busier daily, Instagram has allowed me a sort of micro-blogging if you will – an instant way to keep sharing sweets and treats. So if you are hungry for more always check there @LetMeEatCake.
Now it’s time to celebrate! Have a slice of cake with me. Go bake your own with this recipe here or if you too are too busy to bake your cake and eat it too, these Quin candy birthday cake treats are the perfect way to have a quick and easy birthday cake treat! I love Quin’s handmade confections and this newest flavor is one of my favorites (handmade sprinkles and all!). It’s a party in a bag. Find our more about Quin here.
1. Compartes Love Nuts make me nuts! There are no words to describe just how absolutely amazingly delicious and addicting they are. A thin toffee coating covers your favorite nutty delight and is rolled in cocoa. It is pure bliss.
2. Pretzel rods dipped in chocolate, who wouldn’t love these? But beyond the sweet simplicity of pretzels dipped in chocolate, Fatty Sundays offers amazing flavor combos that will make your sweet heart go pitter-patter. My favorites are Toasted Coconut and Spicy Almond, but I’m dying to try Pumpkin Spice and Banana Cream.
3. Not all jams are made equal, I’ll tell you that. The jams from m. greenwood are just exceptional. Delicate, subtle and sweet. Pear ginger is one of my favorites, but you can opt for a standby classic like Strawberry and be equally satisfied. Not in the mood for jam, how about the sweet gift of Apple Butter. A little sweet something for everyone!
4. Bottega Louie macarons are almost too beautiful to eat. Everything about these petite precious sweets is perfect from their production to their packaging. A box of these will let anyone know just how sweet and special they are!
5. Z Confections‘ generously coated kettle corn with the perfect sweet crunch, that’s what you get from Z Confections. While I can’t get enough of their Salted Caramel corn, the Coconut Curry and Rosemary can easily steal your heart. Perfect for the adventurous sweets lover in your life.
special thanks to @amccullaugh for the awesome sweet guide graphic! ❤