Who doesn’t love waffles at brunch? It’s almost like weekends were made for waffle eating. Well, what if you could make waffles in one easy step? You can! With Otis Spunkmeyer mini muffins and a waffle iron, your Sunday brunch will never be the same again. Let’s waffle-ize!
It’s March 14th so you know what that means – Pi Day!
I know this is really in reference to this pi π. not the tasty sweet treat kind, but hey I’m all about the sweeter side of life and we’ll take any excuse to enjoy a slice of pie. Are you with me?
I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite places to celebrate Pi Day in Los Angeles (click to read the full article). There are plenty of other great cities to enjoy pie too so feel free to leave me a comment on Instagram if you are looking for a great slice in your city!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GreatTasteTourney #CollectiveBias
Sweetening up this NCAA Basketball season with a super simple slam dunk treat (see what I did there? hehe) that is sure to make your game day party a fan favorite. Using Coca-Cola Zero™ and OREO I made an OREO ice cream Coke Zero float. To make things even sweeter I got some basketball stickers, plain wooden spoons and colorful straws to give the floats a cute themed extra touch.
Are you a lemon dessert lover like I am? Lemon desserts are some of my favorites. I just love that play of luscious creamy custard cut with a sharp lemon tang. And a good tart is just so… good! Am I right? Take a look at this lemon beauty from Maru. Those flecks of vanilla bean are so prominent and lovely and the beautiful meringue ribbon on top is perfection. It was just as good as it looks
To me nothing says ‘I LOVE YOU’ better than a sweet treat! I’ve taken all of the stress out of Valentine’s Day baking and created two super easy and fun dessert hacks so that you can whip up sweets for your sweetie in no time. Both recipes use Otis Spunkmeyer snacks and take minutes to put together.
Share some sweets love this Valentine’s Day!
recipes below… click to for sweet snack hacks!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, there isn’t a minute to spare for finding the perfect gift for your Valentine. Here are five of my favorite sweet for your sweet that are not your ordinary box of chocolates and the best part is all of these gifts can all be picked up locally and last minute so there is no reason not to share a little sweetness this weekend!
This weekend ICDC (ice cream, doughnuts and coffee) on Beverly will be personalizing heart doughnuts for your sweetie. While you wait you can also enjoy 14% gifts next door at Espionage LA. Doughnuts are certainly the way to my heart, especially cute ones like these!
Milk Jar Cookies is offering a very special gift crate as the perfect way to share some love this Valentine’s Day. Complete with 1 quart of milk, 2 heart milk jars, 2 heart paper straws and 1/2 dozen cookies. A complete sweet treat avaiable for local delivery or pick up!
You all know how much I love cake and I think there is no better sweet treat! This Strawberry Shortcake from La Monarca is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. It is just as lovely as their other incredible cakes (like tres leeches and guava cake) and you can buy it whole or by the slice.
Sugarfina is known for their impecably packed, imaculate desserts and they have outdone themselves for Valentine’s Day. Their cute themed boxes are sure to win anyone’s heart in phrases like ‘Kiss Me’, ‘Pucker Up’, and ‘You’re My Sweetheart’. You can buy them as individual boxes or in a cute bento box gift set!
Why buy roses when you can buy rose cupcakes from The Village Bakery and Cafe. Get a half dozen and make a cute bouquet out of it. If given the choice I will always choose cake over flowers. And while you are there be sure to check out their equally as adorable Valentine’s Day sugar cookies and macarons.
As the year is coming to a close, I am taking some time to reflect on my favorite sweet bites. Some are new to the scene and some are tried and true, but all were oh so delicious. This list could go on an on so I’ve kept it to a dozen Los Angeles sweet treats that kept me coming back for more! Want to see just which ones I picked!? keep reading to find out…
It’s that gift giving time of year and I am here to help you get creative for that sweet tooth in your life. I’ve put together a fun list of a few of my favorite sweet things that go beyond a slice of cake or a box of donuts!
- QUIN Candy makes magical artisan confections. Their absolutely adorable Candy is Magic Gift Box contains 24 assorted pieces of perfect QUIN candy including Salty & Sweet Caramels, Dreams Come Chew (my personal faves, like elevated starburts) and Twizzlie Chews. Who could say no to a box of that!?
- You can have your cake and wear it too with this super cute Nailing Hollywood nail polish in thief ‘cake’ color. The perfect pastry pink with sprinkles. This mani is sure to compliment those dessert instagram shots!
- I have this mini donut factory, yes a MINI DONUT FACTORY and it is magical fun. You prep your favorite doughnut dough and it fries it through the machine like your very own Krispy Kreme at home. It makes for a fun interaction party your guests will never forget. Find it at Nostalgic Products along with some other super fab fun baking equipment.
- Ice cream lovers get excited, Salt & Straw has a curated one of a kind sundae kit! It is a selection of local artisanal products to create a delicious topping kit, can you spot the Compartes Love Nuts in there? Those are INCREDIBLE! All you need now is the ice cream.
- We all have a cookie fanatic in our lives, at least I do (or maybe that’s me!). Well this is the gift for them. Milkjar Cookies has a Cookie of the Month subscription that includes ½ cookies of your choice shipped out to you monthly. They have regular seasonal specials to choose from as well. I’m currently loving the holiday White Chocolate Peppermint cookie!
- You can now enjoy dessert in tea form or pair your favorite dessert with a complimentary tea! Art of Tea artfully crafts guilt-free alternatives to some of your favorite desserts that are sure to satisfy your sweetooth. With flavors like banana dulce, apple pie, brulee mint and dark chocolate peppermint, it’s dessert in a cozy cup!
Special thanks to @amccullaugh for the awesome sweet guide graphic! ❤
There is something about cheesecake and winter that I just love. Not that I don’t love cheesecake year round, but during the winter it is something that I really crave. It is so thick and rich and feels like a real indulgent treat. So with cheesecake on my mind I decided to have some fun with my new fave chips – Cabo Chips – since they came out with a churro flavor. I ground up the Churo Cabo Chips like you would graham crackers for a crust. I added a little more cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar to really give the crust some oomph. More about the cheesecake + recipe and a discount code below so keep on reading!
I don’t know if you have noticed the abundance of yoghurt posts coming from the LMEC instagram lately, but I am so obsessed with noosa yoghurt. It is thick, creamy, velvety and rich. It is made in small batches on a family farm in Colorado using wholesome ingredients. My favorite flavor by far is pumpkin, it is good enough to have for dessert!
I used it in a holiday recipe I shared with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was a hit. The pumpkin yoghurt was a perfect substitute for mascarpone in this recipe and it gave the tiramisu a light yet rich flavor and texture.
Try something noo (see what I did there hehe)! Incorporate some yoghurt into your next baking adventure or dessert creation. Here are a few other sweets I made using noosa yoghurt + recipe for the pumpkin pie tiramisu below!