It’s that gift giving time of year and I am here to help you get creative for that sweet tooth in your life. I’ve put together a fun list of a few of my favorite sweet things that go beyond a slice of cake or a box of donuts!
- QUIN Candy makes magical artisan confections. Their absolutely adorable Candy is Magic Gift Box contains 24 assorted pieces of perfect QUIN candy including Salty & Sweet Caramels, Dreams Come Chew (my personal faves, like elevated starburts) and Twizzlie Chews. Who could say no to a box of that!?
- You can have your cake and wear it too with this super cute Nailing Hollywood nail polish in thief ‘cake’ color. The perfect pastry pink with sprinkles. This mani is sure to compliment those dessert instagram shots!
- I have this mini donut factory, yes a MINI DONUT FACTORY and it is magical fun. You prep your favorite doughnut dough and it fries it through the machine like your very own Krispy Kreme at home. It makes for a fun interaction party your guests will never forget. Find it at Nostalgic Products along with some other super fab fun baking equipment.
- Ice cream lovers get excited, Salt & Straw has a curated one of a kind sundae kit! It is a selection of local artisanal products to create a delicious topping kit, can you spot the Compartes Love Nuts in there? Those are INCREDIBLE! All you need now is the ice cream.
- We all have a cookie fanatic in our lives, at least I do (or maybe that’s me!). Well this is the gift for them. Milkjar Cookies has a Cookie of the Month subscription that includes ½ cookies of your choice shipped out to you monthly. They have regular seasonal specials to choose from as well. I’m currently loving the holiday White Chocolate Peppermint cookie!
- You can now enjoy dessert in tea form or pair your favorite dessert with a complimentary tea! Art of Tea artfully crafts guilt-free alternatives to some of your favorite desserts that are sure to satisfy your sweetooth. With flavors like banana dulce, apple pie, brulee mint and dark chocolate peppermint, it’s dessert in a cozy cup!
Special thanks to @amccullaugh for the awesome sweet guide graphic! ❤
It is finally beginning to feel like Fall here in Los Angeles and I welcome the cooler temps with open arms! This Rosemary Apple Crumble screams Fall! Warm spiced apples, toasted oats, fresh rosemary and topped with English toffee ice cream. I want to bundle up next to a fire place and gobble this up. If your sweet tooth is aching for a big bite of Fall this is the dessert for you! Find it at Boa Steakhouse in West Hollywood, it is love at first bite!
If you have been reading this blog for a while (and if you are new here, hi thanks for stopping by), then you know that Blue Star Donuts from Portland, Oregon is one of my favorite donuts shops. Well, I have some pretty awesome news – Blue Star is opening it’s first Los Angeles location THIS WEEK! They will be opening up on Abbott Kinney in Venice officially on October 21st.
I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to check out the shop and try a ton of donuts last week before they open their doors to the public. I have to tell you that they are just as good as they are in Portland, the same quality and charm. I couldn’t be happier to have my beloved brioche donuts so much closer that a plane ride away!
To see some of my favorite flavors keep reading below.
This boozy adult milkshake from Del Frisco’s Grille in Pasadena is everything! The perfect balance of sweetness and complexity, the nocello walnut liqueur takes your ordinary delicious vanilla milkshake up a notch. That plus crème de cacao and chocolate liqueur too, it is a real treat! Through July 26th you can enjoy this boozy treat for $7 with purchase! That’s a steal for how delicious this milkshake is. #indulge
Del Frisco’s Grile
55 South Lake Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
Primo’s Donuts is a mom and pop donut shop that has been serving the West Los Angeles area for 59 years. (more…)
I have to admit I am late to the afternoon tea game. After a recent INCREDIBLE experience at the Langham Pasadena, I totally get what all the fuss is about. Afternoon tea is amazing and now I want to have tea time all the time!
This weeks sweet is brought to you by Forage. I have to say their desserts never let me down. From one of the best German chocolate cakes ever to sticky chewy oatmeal cookies to seasonal fruit cheesecake, they’ve got the sweets game down. This new seasonal special, Strawberry Tres Leches Cake, is all sorts of amazing. A nice crumb, just enough sweetened condensed milk and super sweet California straberries.
Have you heard? It’s one of the best days of the year – National Donut Day! Let’s celebrate with a dozen donuts, what do you say? Here are a few of my favorite donuts in LA (in no particular sugar filled order).
Have you had one of Compartes amazing chocolate creations? HIs new Coffee and Donuts chocolate bar happens to be one of my favorites. Now you can enjoy a flavor explosion of two amazing things – Compartes chocolate + donuts! Yes, this is real and it is crafted by pastry chef Nicole Rucker at Cofax on Fairfax Blvd. So find some time and treat yourself to some coffee and a magical chocolate cake donut! #instagramworthy
Guys, summer is almost here! It’s time for sunshine, backyard bbqs, beach days and rosé. I have the perfect addition to any summer party and I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before – frozen cold pressed juice pops.
Clover is my favorite local juice company. Have you tried the Le Lait it tastes like a vanilla milkshake, but it is better for you and packed with protein. And don’t even get me started on the Gold n’ Greens, the perfect green juice with just the right amount of sweetness.
For these popsicles I took just a standard home popsicle mold and filled them with Clover juice’s – Go Big, The Quench and Menage a Trois. Let them freeze over night and voila, a healthy refreshing summertime treat.
Best part… they delivery both locally (FREE) and nationwide. These happened to be a few juices I didn’t have a chance to get to in my delivery pack so rather than let them go to waste I froze them in all of their tasty glory. You should do the same and what a fun way to get kids to eat a little better while enjoying a sweet treat. Order online and you are just one click away from happy juicing!