If you are a Sanrio fan, this is sweet deal is for you! Plan Check Kitchen + Bar and Sanrio are teaming up once again – this time to feature Pompompurin and Chococat. Plan Check and Sanrio have partnered on an exclusive menu promotion to celebrate the characters’ 20th anniversaries. Pompompurin is a laid back Golden Retriever with a talent for napping and Chococat is a boy cat with a chocolate nose who is a little scatterbrained at times. (check out more info and cute pics below)
Cake cake cake cake cake… and it’s not even my birthday! Well it almost is my birthday and my blog birthday so in honor of both this week’s Sweet of the Week is the mind-blowingly delicious tres leches birthday cake from Trois Familia in Silverlake. Not only is it perfectly soaked in sweetned condensed milk with a nice crumb, but it is chock full of rainbow sprinkles uping the fun factor of the cake. Now I’ve had many cakes in my life and I have to say as far as cakes go this cake is one hundred! Run don’t walk to enjoy a slice. And if you are lucky like me you may even get a birthday candle too.
Added bonus was Chef Ludo himself helping me capture the perfect french vanilla waterfall on his churro french toast that I enjoyed as second dessert!
Trois Familia 3510 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
E.P. L.P. in West Hollywood is a super stylish and sleek spot for great rooftop drinks and great Southeast Asian food, but what you may not know is that it is a great spot for delicious desserts! Pastry chef Zen Ong just rolled out a really inventive new Spring dessert selection, incorporating his own Indonesian/Australian culinary background and influences into the menu.
The Chocolate Ginger Honey Crunch with Valrhona milk chocolate EP honeycomb, and crystallized ginger is a play on an Aussie fave the Crunchie Bar. It is all parts delicious and paired with their EP&J a twist on a classic American PB&J in roasted white chocolate candy form, you’ve got a perfect dessert. Looking for something on the lighter side? Don’t miss their EP Sweetie Pineapple Cloud with vanilla tofu, melon ice, nutta de coca, pineapple sorbet, and kaffir lime leaf.
603 N LA CIENEGA BOULEVARD
CROSS-STREET: MELROSE AVE
PH. 310 855 9955
Wolf is the newly opened restaurant from chef Marcel Vigneron on Melrose Ave. in Los Angeles. The menu features seasonal Los Angeles cuisine made from locally – sourced ingredients. Beyond the amazing savories is a swoon-worthy dessert menu. They have a Blueberry Souffle with violet ice cream that is melt in your mouth good. I didn’t get a chance to try the Roasted Banana with maple whip, peanut tuile and cacao, but the Not Your Grandma’s Chocolate Cake was heavenly. It is topped with gianduia ice cream, candied hazenuts and gold and is essentially a refined cake version of ferrero rochers!
Wolf is open for dinner Tuesday–Thursday from 6pm – 10pm, and Friday—Saturday from 6pm – 11pm.
7661 Melrose Ave. CA 90046.
It’s March 14th so you know what that means – Pi Day!
I know this is really in reference to this pi π. not the tasty sweet treat kind, but hey I’m all about the sweeter side of life and we’ll take any excuse to enjoy a slice of pie. Are you with me?
I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite places to celebrate Pi Day in Los Angeles (click to read the full article). There are plenty of other great cities to enjoy pie too so feel free to leave me a comment on Instagram if you are looking for a great slice in your city!
Are you a lemon dessert lover like I am? Lemon desserts are some of my favorites. I just love that play of luscious creamy custard cut with a sharp lemon tang. And a good tart is just so… good! Am I right? Take a look at this lemon beauty from Maru. Those flecks of vanilla bean are so prominent and lovely and the beautiful meringue ribbon on top is perfection. It was just as good as it looks
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, there isn’t a minute to spare for finding the perfect gift for your Valentine. Here are five of my favorite sweet for your sweet that are not your ordinary box of chocolates and the best part is all of these gifts can all be picked up locally and last minute so there is no reason not to share a little sweetness this weekend!
This weekend ICDC (ice cream, doughnuts and coffee) on Beverly will be personalizing heart doughnuts for your sweetie. While you wait you can also enjoy 14% gifts next door at Espionage LA. Doughnuts are certainly the way to my heart, especially cute ones like these!
Milk Jar Cookies is offering a very special gift crate as the perfect way to share some love this Valentine’s Day. Complete with 1 quart of milk, 2 heart milk jars, 2 heart paper straws and 1/2 dozen cookies. A complete sweet treat avaiable for local delivery or pick up!
You all know how much I love cake and I think there is no better sweet treat! This Strawberry Shortcake from La Monarca is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. It is just as lovely as their other incredible cakes (like tres leeches and guava cake) and you can buy it whole or by the slice.
Sugarfina is known for their impecably packed, imaculate desserts and they have outdone themselves for Valentine’s Day. Their cute themed boxes are sure to win anyone’s heart in phrases like ‘Kiss Me’, ‘Pucker Up’, and ‘You’re My Sweetheart’. You can buy them as individual boxes or in a cute bento box gift set!
Why buy roses when you can buy rose cupcakes from The Village Bakery and Cafe. Get a half dozen and make a cute bouquet out of it. If given the choice I will always choose cake over flowers. And while you are there be sure to check out their equally as adorable Valentine’s Day sugar cookies and macarons.
As the year is coming to a close, I am taking some time to reflect on my favorite sweet bites. Some are new to the scene and some are tried and true, but all were oh so delicious. This list could go on an on so I’ve kept it to a dozen Los Angeles sweet treats that kept me coming back for more! Want to see just which ones I picked!? keep reading to find out…
It’s that gift giving time of year and I am here to help you get creative for that sweet tooth in your life. I’ve put together a fun list of a few of my favorite sweet things that go beyond a slice of cake or a box of donuts!
- QUIN Candy makes magical artisan confections. Their absolutely adorable Candy is Magic Gift Box contains 24 assorted pieces of perfect QUIN candy including Salty & Sweet Caramels, Dreams Come Chew (my personal faves, like elevated starburts) and Twizzlie Chews. Who could say no to a box of that!?
- You can have your cake and wear it too with this super cute Nailing Hollywood nail polish in thief ‘cake’ color. The perfect pastry pink with sprinkles. This mani is sure to compliment those dessert instagram shots!
- I have this mini donut factory, yes a MINI DONUT FACTORY and it is magical fun. You prep your favorite doughnut dough and it fries it through the machine like your very own Krispy Kreme at home. It makes for a fun interaction party your guests will never forget. Find it at Nostalgic Products along with some other super fab fun baking equipment.
- Ice cream lovers get excited, Salt & Straw has a curated one of a kind sundae kit! It is a selection of local artisanal products to create a delicious topping kit, can you spot the Compartes Love Nuts in there? Those are INCREDIBLE! All you need now is the ice cream.
- We all have a cookie fanatic in our lives, at least I do (or maybe that’s me!). Well this is the gift for them. Milkjar Cookies has a Cookie of the Month subscription that includes ½ cookies of your choice shipped out to you monthly. They have regular seasonal specials to choose from as well. I’m currently loving the holiday White Chocolate Peppermint cookie!
- You can now enjoy dessert in tea form or pair your favorite dessert with a complimentary tea! Art of Tea artfully crafts guilt-free alternatives to some of your favorite desserts that are sure to satisfy your sweetooth. With flavors like banana dulce, apple pie, brulee mint and dark chocolate peppermint, it’s dessert in a cozy cup!
Special thanks to @amccullaugh for the awesome sweet guide graphic! ❤
It is finally beginning to feel like Fall here in Los Angeles and I welcome the cooler temps with open arms! This Rosemary Apple Crumble screams Fall! Warm spiced apples, toasted oats, fresh rosemary and topped with English toffee ice cream. I want to bundle up next to a fire place and gobble this up. If your sweet tooth is aching for a big bite of Fall this is the dessert for you! Find it at Boa Steakhouse in West Hollywood, it is love at first bite!