As the year is coming to a close, I am taking some time to reflect on my favorite sweet bites. Some are new to the scene and some are tried and true, but all were oh so delicious. This list could go on an on so I’ve kept it to a dozen Los Angeles sweet treats that kept me coming back for more! Want to see just which ones I picked!? keep reading to find out…
It’s that gift giving time of year and I am here to help you get creative for that sweet tooth in your life. I’ve put together a fun list of a few of my favorite sweet things that go beyond a slice of cake or a box of donuts!
- QUIN Candy makes magical artisan confections. Their absolutely adorable Candy is Magic Gift Box contains 24 assorted pieces of perfect QUIN candy including Salty & Sweet Caramels, Dreams Come Chew (my personal faves, like elevated starburts) and Twizzlie Chews. Who could say no to a box of that!?
- You can have your cake and wear it too with this super cute Nailing Hollywood nail polish in thief ‘cake’ color. The perfect pastry pink with sprinkles. This mani is sure to compliment those dessert instagram shots!
- I have this mini donut factory, yes a MINI DONUT FACTORY and it is magical fun. You prep your favorite doughnut dough and it fries it through the machine like your very own Krispy Kreme at home. It makes for a fun interaction party your guests will never forget. Find it at Nostalgic Products along with some other super fab fun baking equipment.
- Ice cream lovers get excited, Salt & Straw has a curated one of a kind sundae kit! It is a selection of local artisanal products to create a delicious topping kit, can you spot the Compartes Love Nuts in there? Those are INCREDIBLE! All you need now is the ice cream.
- We all have a cookie fanatic in our lives, at least I do (or maybe that’s me!). Well this is the gift for them. Milkjar Cookies has a Cookie of the Month subscription that includes ½ cookies of your choice shipped out to you monthly. They have regular seasonal specials to choose from as well. I’m currently loving the holiday White Chocolate Peppermint cookie!
- You can now enjoy dessert in tea form or pair your favorite dessert with a complimentary tea! Art of Tea artfully crafts guilt-free alternatives to some of your favorite desserts that are sure to satisfy your sweetooth. With flavors like banana dulce, apple pie, brulee mint and dark chocolate peppermint, it’s dessert in a cozy cup!
Special thanks to @amccullaugh for the awesome sweet guide graphic! ❤
There is something about cheesecake and winter that I just love. Not that I don’t love cheesecake year round, but during the winter it is something that I really crave. It is so thick and rich and feels like a real indulgent treat. So with cheesecake on my mind I decided to have some fun with my new fave chips – Cabo Chips – since they came out with a churro flavor. I ground up the Churo Cabo Chips like you would graham crackers for a crust. I added a little more cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar to really give the crust some oomph. More about the cheesecake + recipe and a discount code below so keep on reading!
I don’t know if you have noticed the abundance of yoghurt posts coming from the LMEC instagram lately, but I am so obsessed with noosa yoghurt. It is thick, creamy, velvety and rich. It is made in small batches on a family farm in Colorado using wholesome ingredients. My favorite flavor by far is pumpkin, it is good enough to have for dessert!
I used it in a holiday recipe I shared with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was a hit. The pumpkin yoghurt was a perfect substitute for mascarpone in this recipe and it gave the tiramisu a light yet rich flavor and texture.
Try something noo (see what I did there hehe)! Incorporate some yoghurt into your next baking adventure or dessert creation. Here are a few other sweets I made using noosa yoghurt + recipe for the pumpkin pie tiramisu below!
I was lucky enough to have had the opportunity recently visit the Paws Up Resort in Montana for their Upper Crust Pie Camp with my pal travel and food writer Krista Simmons. Yes, Pie Camp is a thing and I highly recommend this memorable experience for food, friends and fun. We learned some very valuable skills from pie expert Kate McDermott. You can see our all of our adventures in this lovely video that Krista put together. Keep reading to discover the perfect pie tips we learnd!
It is finally beginning to feel like Fall here in Los Angeles and I welcome the cooler temps with open arms! This Rosemary Apple Crumble screams Fall! Warm spiced apples, toasted oats, fresh rosemary and topped with English toffee ice cream. I want to bundle up next to a fire place and gobble this up. If your sweet tooth is aching for a big bite of Fall this is the dessert for you! Find it at Boa Steakhouse in West Hollywood, it is love at first bite!
If you have been reading this blog for a while (and if you are new here, hi thanks for stopping by), then you know that Blue Star Donuts from Portland, Oregon is one of my favorite donuts shops. Well, I have some pretty awesome news – Blue Star is opening it’s first Los Angeles location THIS WEEK! They will be opening up on Abbott Kinney in Venice officially on October 21st.
I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to check out the shop and try a ton of donuts last week before they open their doors to the public. I have to tell you that they are just as good as they are in Portland, the same quality and charm. I couldn’t be happier to have my beloved brioche donuts so much closer that a plane ride away!
To see some of my favorite flavors keep reading below.
I don’t know if you have heard, but got milk? has a super fun campaign going on right now! They have released a guide of the best milk-based recipes from across the Golden State. With recipes ranging from a rich mac and cheese to an ice cream with a jalapeño kick, all the featured recipes showcase milk’s versatility and ability to complement a variety of flavor profiles. (more…)
This boozy adult milkshake from Del Frisco’s Grille in Pasadena is everything! The perfect balance of sweetness and complexity, the nocello walnut liqueur takes your ordinary delicious vanilla milkshake up a notch. That plus crème de cacao and chocolate liqueur too, it is a real treat! Through July 26th you can enjoy this boozy treat for $7 with purchase! That’s a steal for how delicious this milkshake is. #indulge
Del Frisco’s Grile
55 South Lake Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
Primo’s Donuts is a mom and pop donut shop that has been serving the West Los Angeles area for 59 years. (more…)